Pink Dogwood at sunset

Pink Dogwood at sunset

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Photographer, Gardener, Farmer in training, Crafter, Chef Extraordinaire, Disney Enthusiast, Travel bug.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Caramel Apple Cheesecake

Its no suprise I love this season.  I love apple picking, and breathing in the smell of drying leaves on the ground. I love the cooler weather, and beautiful colorful leaves.  The smell of cooking apples brings me back to my very happy childhood, and my mothers kitchen.  She made the best hot apples, that you ever tasted.



We went to the apple orchard last week.  Since I have extra apples on hand, and had already made my attempt at my moms hot apples, I figured I would try something new.  My mother used to say I made "concoctions" I could throw a great many random things together and make a delicious meal of it.  This is one of my concoctions.

I decided to use No bake cheesecake, because its quicker and cheaper than making it from scratch.  I love homemade cheesecake so much more, but this was a really tasty dish, and who doesn't like quick and cheap?


Ingredients


2 boxes No Bake Cheesecake
1 jar of caramel ice cream topping
4-5 apples
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp vanilla extract




Peel and Dice apples.  sprinkle sugar and corn starch over apples, and stir to coat the apples.  Cook on medium heat in a cast iron skillet (or frying pan), for about 15 minutes, or until the apples are tender, but not mushy.  Turn off the heat and add Vanilla.  Stir gently.

in a 9x11 glass baking dish (small lasagna pan) make crust as directed on the box of cheesecake.

Set apples in refrigerator to cool.

When apples have cooled add HALF the apples to the top of the crust and drizzle some of the caramel over the apples.

Make Cheesecake as directed on box.



Pour cheesecake mixture OVER the apples. smooth cheesecake mixture.
add remaining apples over the cheesecake mixture and top with more caramel drizzle.


Allow to set in refrigerator for 1 hour.



Enjoy.  this is a fantastic Autumn treat for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment